Some employees develop their behavioral health issues during their employment so employers have a responsibility to help their employees manage or treat their behavioral health issues and continue in active employment. Fortunately, many employers are beginning to understand that if a behavioral health issue is assessed early, then in most cases it can be managed enabling the employee to continue making a productive contribution to the organization.
1. Your organization promotes the importance of behavioral health and mental resilience in the work place through its employee intranet site and other communication channels such as newsletters and posters in staff lunch rooms or other meeting areas. In all of these communications employees are directed to the employee intranet site EAP Plus+ section.
2. In the EAP Plus+ section of the intranet site, employees read or watch a video clip about the importance of early intervention, multi-disorder assessment and behavioral health in the workplace. This video lets employees know their organization is just as committed to their employees’ behavioral health as it is to their physical health. Employees are invited to undertake a Mind Screen assessment if they feel they have could benefit from a free assessment and completely independent professional help.
3. The employee clicks on a button on the intranet site that generates a unique code which they enter on the registration page of the Mind Screen patient website www.globalmindscreen.com/us/public. The session is created and the employee selects a practitioner to receive their Mind Screen Report. The employee can select their own Family Physician or a local psychologist of choice. (It should be noted that an employee selects their Family Physician to receive their Mind Screen Report and that Family Physician refers them to a psychologist for specialist treatment, the employee gets up to 10 free consultations with the psychologist per year paid for through Medicare’s ATAPS program.) The employee has the comfort that their selected practitioner is not linked in any way to their employer and they are not restricted to selecting from an often restricted list of employer’s psychologist.
4. The employer has no knowledge of which employee has used the Mind Screen or how many times they have done so. However, the employer can choose to receive a Mind Screen Workplace Wellness Summary Report that provides aggregated usage data on a 6 monthly basis broken down by sex, age, state, site or other criteria when this does not compromise individual privacy. This enables the employer to analyze data relating to sites, roles or other demographic metrics which can help it identify problem areas and therefore better target Part 3 of the Mind Screen Workplace Mental Wellness Program - The Mental Wellness & Resilience Program. The employer can also choose to receive a Productivity and ROI Report which includes quantifiable productivity gains to the organization based on standard calculators of absenteeism and presenteeism, and a demonstrable return on investment for the program.
1. It costs considerably less than standard EAPs that promise to pay for professional psychological services both because fewer psychological interventions are required with the Mind Screen due to issues being correctly diagnosed up front and because the Mind Screen efficiently cuts out the need for the first two hours of data collection with a practitioner;
2. Due to ease of use and certainty around anonymity, employees who would previously have tried to battle through their behavioral health issues are more likely to access professional help. They get better sooner, miss fewer days at work and when they are at work, they are more productive (noting again that presenteeism costs companies four times as much as absenteeism);
3. A safer workplace due to reduced risk of behavioral health related work place accidents or incidents;
4. Reduced liability relating to work place behavioral health related incidents; and
5. An improved workplace culture through being able to genuinely demonstrate to employees with a tangible behavioral health program that your organization is committed to the mental wellbeing of its employees.The Mind Screen EAP Plus+ solution is easy to set up in your organization. Click Get Started Now to contact a Mind Screen consultant to diskuss how EAP Plus+ could benefit your organization.